REAL SNOW - REAL DISRUPTION - REAL FUN!


Posted by Picasa
This is more like it ... just imagine opening your bedroom curtains and finding snow like this ... right up to the bedroom windows. We get excited about 1" of the white stuff.
This is a wonderful archive picture of a little Welsh village, but shows clearly a fairly typical scene from around 1982. What incredible fun we used to have making igloos, snowmen, watching Jack Frost on the windows, standing our frozen woolen jumpers on the kitchen floor after bringing them in from off the clothes line. They stood there like frozen scarecrows.
I remember clearly opening the kitchen door only to find the snow in a beautifully smooth surface above my head like a polished snow face.
I am so glad I was born when I was. So many brilliant memories. I know we were poor but we had riches in so many other ways.

Comments