DOLGELLAU


Posted by Picasa
This came from a short lunch break in Dolgellau during a two day Welsh course. The back streets of this little town were very beautiful and just as dangerous as the main street. Traffic seemed to appear from everywhere. As I painted, with one brush stroke I saw the possibility of a different lighting. It had started out as a 'middle of the day' scene but slowly changed, using that wonderful mystical light at the end of a clear, quiet day. After some time I thought what it would be like to live here and take the dog through the back streets on the 'Last Walk of the Day' ... which gave it its title. I enjoyed the idea of light from the pub window falling softly on the back street. The pub again is my invention but seemed to fit in with the close community feel.

Comments