Saturday, 3 January 2009



For Christmas 2008 I chose for myself a book called 'Big Art, Small Canvas' - Washor. The writer had been used to painting quite large paintings until she became unable to move her arm comfortably from the upper rotary joint. Joyce Washor now paints beautiful images no more than 3"x 4" in size. Her canvas is so small she mounts it on cardboard to give her something to hold on to. Her aim is to get all the power and sensitivity of her large format paintings into the small space.

I shall enjoy my new challenge as I try this year to paint both large and small in acrylic & oils, using brushes bristling with a forest of hairs to those with just a hair or two (very much like myself).
My first small painting is of the view from above Y Drenewydd looking toward Carno and beyond
.

1 comment:

Joyce Washor said...

Gary,
Hey, Thanks for putting me up on your blog! And yes, you're right, I do like David Tress. Very amazing stuff. It's fun to scrape into and on wet paint. I like your website also! Your comments mean even more to me now that I see you're such an accomplished painter!!
Joyce

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive