NOISY SPRING LAMBS

Posted by Picasa
Behind me as I paint this beautiful pastoral scene, so typical of Powys is yet another building development. Once such a wonderful sight. Added to this will be the added wvoom of cars bursting upon this quiet little lane.
But much more important today is this wonderful spring scene - my 'pochade' for today. Painting out of doors certainly hightens your seeing. First you see just the general scene - the thing that caught my eye in the first place, then tree shapes, hidden houses and fence posts. After a cup of coffee you realise that there is more than you thought in front of you. Shadows spring into tife, changes of colour and direction.
What I noticed today especially was the intensity of the bleeting of the new born lambs ... I am sure they were breaking the 'noise threshhold' law --- thank goodness!

Comments