POOL - STIPERSTONES - 6"x8" oil - SOLD


Posted by Picasa
On days when I am unable to go out to paint I sometimes get fidgety. I have just discovered that I am able to work quite well from small, quick, roughly printed photos from recent visits. Because the photos are poor quality with little detail in the shadows etc. they are ideal for what I want. They are able to give me just an idea, that I have no intention of slavishly following. The photo becomes almost like a quick sketch from which I can construct the painting.
Picasa3 is a useful tool also for it is possible to quickly 'desaturate' (take all the colour information away) and just see the tonal quality of the photograph.
So 15 minutes later this little 'indoor pochade', just 8"x6" was finished enough for purpose - I hope you enjoy it -- the real weather was wonderful, blue blue sky!

Comments