A LITTLE WALK IN THE SUN





Posted by Picasa
The wonderful thing about both photography and painting is the use of isolation, not the isolation of being alone, but of being selective. So often we do not look up or really look at the things that are around us. Just going for a short walk anywhere in the world can bring back a clutch of treasures. I can't imagine what it might be to not see the place where I live. Yet I am blind to so much. The geologist sees a very different Newtown, as does the car enthusiast and train spotter.
For many years in Birmingham I used to set myself a 'focus' for my daily walk to work. One day it would be look at a certain colour, another to look at the way trees hold up there branches, another might be sound, or shape, of line, or textures ....the list was just endless. Go on! - have a go.

Comments