near BRECON - SOUTH WALES ...oil on canvas 6"x8"




Posted by Picasa
Some people are very afraid of using cameras as a painting tool.
This painting would not have been possible without a DSLR camera. I was able to take the shot in the gap between some very fast farmers trucks close to the edge of the road. Also it enabled me to use just a second or two before we drove on to Cardiff. The weather & lighting were making dramatic changes from second to second - captured on disc.
I suppose the way you take the photo depends on the way you work. I personally take time to compose the shot before taking it rather than just catch a broad view so that it stands on its own.
Picasa 3 (a free photo editor from Google) made, somehow some very good suggestions for 'cropped' images ... I have included them here.

Comments