DONE by a long winded route. LLANARTH











This is LLANARTH - West Wales, adapted from an old sepia photo from around C1880? We have travelled this road many times and know it well.
I have used (for the first time in over a year) broad rough dark outlines. I love this technique, favoured by many impressionist and expressionists. I suppose what I like is the way in which it draws out the fundamental 'pattern' relationships in the viewed scene. These can be simplified and still stand strong on their own. Changing the colours is just 'fun'. I don't why, how or when the colours are right - but I know when to leave them alone.To those with local knowledge - sorry - I have missed a house out!!

I am so looking forward to being able to post easily from Picasa once more - its been a long time

Comments